Wireless Microphone System

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently acquired an iMac so I'm still learning my way around the Apple world. I also just purchased the UHF 5800 Voco Pro Wireless Microphone System. I would like to be able to connect this system to my iMac. We go to a Web site called Singsnap where you can stream karaoke songs. We'd like to be able to sing along with the songs and hear our output (music and singing through the microphones) through our external speakers. We don't need to record anything or do something professional. We'd just like to be able to use this site and the microphones as an at home karaoke option.

Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We've connected the microphones through an Icicle and didn't get any results. The line in input worked fine but no sound through the output. Also, we have our computer hooked up to a Bose Lifestyle system so all sound goes through our surround sound. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
LineIn

I have just the application for you! LineIn can take audio input and play it through your speakers. I use it to play my iPod's audio through my MBP all the time.

With Surround Sound, there will be some serious feedback.

Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.