• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dear Nooblets, please read.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
They don't read any of the stickies or announcements and you think they're going to read your post? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Don't know what's worse. The ammount of threads that shouldn't be here, or the fact that screenshot was taken in Vista!! :D

Still the 30" monitor makes up for that, so that's cool! ;)

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
They don't read any of the stickies or announcements and you think they're going to read your post? :D

Assistance it futile. /Borg

Don't know what's worse. The ammount of threads that shouldn't be here, or the fact that screenshot was taken in Vista!! :D

Still the 30" monitor makes up for that, so that's cool! ;)

Don't worry, my MBP is sitting on the stand right next to me and it's hooked up to the other port on the back of the monitor. I'm just setting up the network and installing Guild Wars.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Won't let me look at the pic without signing up for an account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Don't worry, my MBP is sitting on the stand right next to me and it's hooked up to the other port on the back of the monitor. I'm just setting up the network and installing Guild Wars.

Ok, that's alright then! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Come on, cwa! At least give me credit. I read the forum rules and community guidelines, but I wasn't a switcher either. And I'm actually smart enough to think "Anything Goes" is an off-topic lounge. I've suggested changing the name but nobody seemed to think it's a good idea, so most people seem to think that you can put anything in there. Why do we call it "Anything Goes" if not just Anything Goes? It's a few months old, but here's the thread I made about this problem.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-support/152982-anything-goes-forum.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 2G RAM 160G HD
I think the forum title should be changed to "what flavor of ice cream do you like?" AKA the "futility of what should I buy, A or B?" or "What are you listening to now" forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Well the most of the issue is that with the snow leopard launch we are getting pounded with peoples questions and that we are getting swarmed by people who make one or two posts and are to never return here again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I think the forum title should be changed to "what flavor of ice cream do you like?" AKA the "futility of what should I buy, A or B?" or "What are you listening to now" forum.

:lol:

It's just a name like "Off Topic Lounge" is easier to understand then "Anything Goes". Anyone could easily think this means they can talk about ANYTHING in this forum. It happens a lot where it's posted in the wrong place, so either:

1. They just don't care.
2. They don't understand that this is the improper place for their threads.

I think the moderators/administrators and members should take it under consideration to change the name of the Anything Goes forum to avoid confusion. Also, if the name is more clear, no one has any excuse to put a technical question in that forum.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think the moderators/administrators and members should take it under consideration to change the name of the Anything Goes forum to avoid confusion. Also, if the name is more clear, no one has any excuse to put a technical question in that forum.

It wouldn't be the first time we suggested it :)

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I just like the taste of nooblets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
if the name is more clear, no one has any excuse to put a technical question in that forum.
If people actually read Announcements and Sticky Threads, there wouldn't be any reason to change the name.

The name is irrelevant.

People still put Software questions in the Hardware forums... for no other reason than they own an iMac or MacBook.
"I have a MacBook, so obviously my question goes in the MacBook forum"... Nevermind that their question or problem has to do with iPhoto's file structure...

People need to simply slow down... take a moment or two and read the Rules, Announcements and Stickies before they post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.