Customizing Buttons

Reaction score
I am new to the MBP and want to make the red, yellow & green buttons on each window larger. The same goes for the text in the toolbar etc.'

Being 52, I am struggling with the small targets for my mouse.

Also, I am using a USB mouse that works like a champ on my Dell Vostro 1710, but seems to be jerky on the MBP.

Thoughts?

thanks

Hi-TechVeteran

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Well, you can adjust your display settings in System Preferences to make everything larger. The downside is you can't see your entire screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Check out the options in System Preferences > Universal access to make things easier to see. Changing the contrast makes quite a difference.

Try changing the setting in System prefs for your Mouse too. The Mac Mouse acceleration is different to the windows mouse setting. The faster you move the mouse the further it goes across the screen. It may take a few days to get used to it.. took me about a week but then I'm older than you :)

With a MacBook Pro, the trackpad will be better than most mice ~ setting are also in System preferences. With a light touch and a bit of practice you will wonder how you ever managed without it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.