• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

in the market for a HD prosumer camcorder

Reaction score
My wife and I just sold our house and most of our
Your Mac's Specs
I have 2 - 1 is an iMac 24 and the other is a Macbook Pro 17 inch
I am in the market for a HD prosumer camcorder and have just recently switched to an iMac. I know what took me so long? All I can say is I wished I had done the switch years ago, but having said that ...
I am thinking of Canon but am open re: Sony, Panasonic etc. if there were good reasons to go with those.
Also I have been hearing so much pros an cons about being able to edit hidef on my mac and thought that rather than keep being confused I would ask you folks here at the Mac Forum to see if any of you folks have had experience and any recommendations.
Thanks for any and all assistance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.