• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Garage to Home Office

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Ok So I have been thinking alot lately, My Fiance and myself recently bought a home bout 8 months ago, its a good starter home, its really nothing more than we need. its about 1300 sq ft. 3Bed, 2Bath Nice back yard for my 2 pups :D, We are using one of the rooms for our Home Office right now, its a normal smaller room bout 10x10, I have been mulling over the idea of making part of the garage into a Homeoffice, we have a small laundry room that leads into the garage and thats where I was thinking of connecting it at, then a door into the rest of the garage. I do a lot of PC repair so doing this would give me a bit more room to work then what we have now in here (have my server/and were I hook up pc's on one of those Metal racks with the metal shelving on it. Anyways not to get off track, any of yall have any experience with doing this or opions on it, or maybe even shots of your own rebuilds/remodels. As of right now we both park are cars outside, and are garage is supposed to be a "2 car" garage but unless both cars are mini coups no way are you going to fit to cars in their safely (ive tried i had to crawl out the sun roof lol). So just thought I would come up here and ask yous guys for some advice :) thanks.

TL ; DR : Garage to Home office Thoughts :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Is the garage fully finished as in insulated and has dry wall up, cause lets face it in the garage you will get the full range of temps, from hotter than hades and to colder than the south pole. The second biggest thing would be how you would plan everything out as in desks here, there and other there, etc also onto storage of spare parts and tools. Maybe it's just be but I am OCD when it comes to my tool storage maybe thats cause I have two full sized tool cabinets (one is mine and the other is my old mans.) but when it comes down to my things and things that I use, it has to be fully organized and labeled.... Also creating some workspace workbenches is a great thing as well, something that will pay off later on.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Well I would most likely be building another wall in there, and insulating everything, pretty much it would be like a room in the house.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.