• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store Robbed

Reaction score
Thats horrible, But I mean ripping them like that wouldnt that cause some damage to the phone itself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
It is a burglary not a robbery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
They broke into an Apple store...which undoubtedly has a small stock of very nice new computers.....and all they took was phones????

Were they mentally challenged or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
They broke into an Apple store...which undoubtedly has a small stock of very nice new computers.....and all they took was phones????

Were they mentally challenged or something?

Yeah I would of wiped out the whole store :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I'm just looking at it from the street side. Figure the outlet carries say...4 of each the iMac, Mac Mini, Apple TV, Macbook, Macbook Pro, 2 Macbook Air, and 2 Mac Pro, along with say 50 iPods of various flavor and maybe 20 iPhones (I've been the manager of various retail places in the past..it gives you an idea of the average consumer base).

If I were to break into the place, the phones would be the last item I take, as the serial number is instantly traced when the buyer goes to get the phone activated.

The iPods and the computers, while having serial numbers, will be sold on the street, via EBAY, Kiji, and Craigslist (if they are intelligent they won't sell them nearby or all at once), and people looking for a steal won't so finicky on where it came from.

Either the individuals that broke in went for the phones for a reason I honestly cannot think of right now, or they really were just that stupid..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Either the individuals that broke in went for the phones for a reason I honestly cannot think of right now, or they really were just that stupid..

They stole from a store... They really are that stupid... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Just saw the video for this robbery in NJ. Is there anyway they can track the S/N? I'm sure the Apple store has them in a database. That way in case anyone tries to fix them or register them Apple has them dead to rights.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Just saw the video for this robbery in NJ. Is there anyway they can track the S/N? I'm sure the Apple store has them in a database. That way in case anyone tries to fix them or register them Apple has them dead to rights.

I think they can, I'm not too sure... If they do though, I feel sorry for the kid that ends up buying one as a 'Used iPhone' on eBay and gets it taken off them by Apple :(.

Reaction score
Are all new commentaries in the US like that? they sound like sport commentators!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.