• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is there anyway that i can hook up my ps2 to play on my Imac G5 screen?

D

Desolate One

It would be too expensive to get a converter video=>USB/1394. Not worth it IMO.

OP
solidstalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Hmmm....

How much do you think it would be? (roughly)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
ElGato has a device (Well...it's actually a rebranded ATI device but anyway) called the EyeTV Wonder USB 2.0 that connects to your computer via USB 2.0. You could use that to play using your monitor...but...

I've only used the PC version of this product with a pretty fast computer...and I had some lag trouble with it and my Xbox. It wasn't terrible...but enough lag to get you dead real fast playing a Xbox Live FPS. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Cheaper alternative...

My PC has a multiple Video/Audio inputs on both the vid card and the tv tuner. I'd look at maybe a cheap TV tuner card, those go on sale every once and a while. I thought a month or two ago best buy or circuit city had one for like $25 on sale. This would allow you to record what you play. I've doen this work through on my XBOX and it worked fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
rs2sensen said:
My PC has a multiple Video/Audio inputs on both the vid card and the tv tuner. I'd look at maybe a cheap TV tuner card, those go on sale every once and a while. I thought a month or two ago best buy or circuit city had one for like $25 on sale. This would allow you to record what you play. I've doen this work through on my XBOX and it worked fine.

Unfortunatly there is no way to add any cards to the all-in-one design of the imac. :/

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ok, I'm here. can't believe I didn't see this sooner. I have an adapter that lets you use your ps2 controller on your mac, all you need is an app, I know Ive heard of at least one, that plays ps2 fgames on the mac. BTW, why go through all that, just play the ps2 as usual by hooking it to the tv and bypass the mac idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Macman said:
ok, I'm here. can't believe I didn't see this sooner. I have an adapter that lets you use your ps2 controller on your mac, all you need is an app, I know Ive heard of at least one, that plays ps2 fgames on the mac. BTW, why go through all that, just play the ps2 as usual by hooking it to the tv and bypass the mac idea.

because an iMac's LCD is "oodles*" better than a bulky, ugly, tube TV...unless of course you have an LCD TV, in which case I'd agree with MacMan.

* This word is completeley made up by me..it means a lot..lol :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
as you may have seen in the price check suggestion forum, I have a Sony 36" Hi-Scan FD Trinitron WEGA TV, so I use my tv. but this adapter is great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.