• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple iSight in Vanilla Sky movie?

D

dziner

I'm watching Vanilla Sky and noticed that Tom Cruise has a Cinima Display and on top of it looks like the iSight. This movie came out a few years ago so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Just moving this thread a tad to the left :) its in the wrong forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
No I hadnt noticed that.. Ill have to see that one again. I did just see "Under the Tuscan Sun" My fiance and I won tickets to a sneak preview of the movie and she had an old iBook.. which of course got me excited :) Good movie by the way.. quite touching for those who like touching movies.. if you don't.. then I wouldnt go if I was you.. It was very VERY good for those of us who like "chick flicks" :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
LOl, yeah I always have to comment when Im watching a movie and I see a mac :)

OP
D

dziner

Speaking of Macs in movies. How about the guy who won the lottery in Final Destination 2 draging home an iMac. And the hot chick surfing the web on her Powerbook (or iBook). I know I've seen another movie with Macs in it but I can't think of it right now.

This couldn't have been an iSight in Vanilla Sky though. The movie has been out way too long. I bet the directors just made up a cool gadget that looked like a camera - Steve Jobs saw it and a lightbulb went off in his head. When's the **** 2-button mouse lightbulb going to light up! The heck with wireless, I want more buttons! My Logitch MX 700 works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah Im really not sure why they insist on keeping a one button mouse.. I just say keep the mouse and Ill use a kensington.. as soon as they make a kewl apple multi-button mouse... Im there! :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't have a problem with the one button. There is alway a key board solution for the other mouse buttons if needed. I just see that one button is Apple. Just like the three point star logo is MBZ. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know logos don't count, but a three button mouse for me is a PC mouse. thats all.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then third thought, I am cheap. So I work with mouse that came with the Apple hardware. I thought about buying a three mouse for my powerbook, but decide to use the built in track pad. :) I use the money on additonal memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.