Best Magazine Publishing software for Mac?

Reaction score
i want to put together an online magazine as a travel guide, maybe with interactive maps etc. Anyone know of the best software for this to use on a mac?
Thanks
BEAR

Reaction score
I can't say much about it, as I haven't actually had any RL experience with any software on a mac yet, but I've heard Pages is rather good.

T

todd51

I would say the most professional Page Layout programs I have used are QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign. Although, these two programs are very expensive.

Reaction score
I've heard that Adobe InDesign has some problems on mac, don't know if these problems are solvable. If you are a student (or have a son/daughter who could buy it for you), you could get large discounts on Indesign, so that might be something to look at.

T

todd51

I've heard that Adobe InDesign has some problems on mac, don't know if these problems are solvable. If you are a student (or have a son/daughter who could buy it for you), you could get large discounts on Indesign, so that might be something to look at.

Really? I have never had a problem on InDesign on a Mac. At school we used InDesign CS2 and it worked perfectly on the iMacs. I liked it better than QuarkXPress since it worked so well with the other Adobe applications.

Reaction score
Really? I have never had a problem on InDesign on a Mac. At school we used InDesign CS2 and it worked perfectly on the iMacs. I liked it better than QuarkXPress since it worked so well with the other Adobe applications.

I thought I heard that InDesign CS3 or CS4 has problems with file saving or printing, making it almost impossible to save the things you make. However, I could be very much wrong.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I thought I heard that InDesign CS3 or CS4 has problems with file saving or printing, making it almost impossible to save the things you make. However, I could be very much wrong.

I have both CS3 and CS4 of inDesign and I haven't encountered this problem that you speak of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.