Safari on Vista brilliant but..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Love it, it's like lightening compared to IE and simple to navigate etc.

My one bug that I can't solve is any video contenet.

I keep getting;

Safari can't find the internet plug in
This page has content on MIME type. This page may have the plug in for you to download and install;
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player
Do you want to open this page?

I press 'go', run and download and each time I get another box informing from Adope Flash Player Set up, that I can't install whilst another application is running - Safari.

So when I close Safari, that close's and so does the Adobe box.

I must have gone through the same process numerous times and it's still never works. I sometimes have to install it in Explorerer as well but not all the time. Eg. If I go onto the NBA website to watch the video highlights I can watch them in IE but I have the above problem with Safari.

Running Windows Vista, Internet Explorer and hopefully Safari.

As always thats in advance.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
Download the standalone installer from here:
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

It will be an EXE you can run when Safari is closed.

That's seems to have done it.

I have restarted the computer and it still works, can I consider it a permanent solution?

I googled EXE and I'm know the wiser only more confused.

Many thanks.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone know how to solve a Safari box that keeps coming up, referring to a MIME file, when I'm sending or receiving chat?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.