Printing jsut a selection

L

lokerd

I sure am glad to have found this group. I have returned to Mac after a 6 year absence and have gotten rather behind in the MacWorld.

Unfortunately, I have learned several neat features from the other world...that I would really like to do on the Mac.

1. Is there a way, work around or software, to print just a highlighted selection?

2. Can a window be resized by any other way other than the resize box (lower right corner)?

3. Is there any way to force the OS to expand windows ALL the way open, not just part of the screen? It seems to be different in every different program. Is there software to intercept the expand button and make the window go all the way filling the entire screen?

Thanks!
Drew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
For Question 3 :

Took me a while to get used to this too. There is no fullscreen windows in OSX. Which was really weird, because in Windows you almost NEED to have windows open all the way, all the time. At least for me. I am afraid you can't do this in OSX.

OP
S

Sandy

Hi Drew,
I used Windows for ages and had a problem with that too. I find it really irritating. The way to do it depends on the program you are in while printing.

If I am printing using Moxzilla browser, I do
File
Print
Then on the drop down menu, select "Mozilla"
Then select "Print Selection Only".

You can't do this with every program, unfortunately. It doesn't work for Safari. It also does not work with Appleworks.

Sandy

lokerd said:
I sure am glad to have found this group. I have returned to Mac after a 6 year absence and have gotten rather behind in the MacWorld.

Unfortunately, I have learned several neat features from the other world...that I would really like to do on the Mac.

1. Is there a way, work around or software, to print just a highlighted selection?

2. Can a window be resized by any other way other than the resize box (lower right corner)?

3. Is there any way to force the OS to expand windows ALL the way open, not just part of the screen? It seems to be different in every different program. Is there software to intercept the expand button and make the window go all the way filling the entire screen?

Thanks!
Drew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Emrys said:
For Question 3 :

Took me a while to get used to this too. There is no fullscreen windows in OSX. Which was really weird, because in Windows you almost NEED to have windows open all the way, all the time. At least for me. I am afraid you can't do this in OSX.

Ive found that this is better for multi tasking, especially being able to use drag and drop system wide. plus, it makes use of better muscle memory for navigating the menus up top.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.