I accidently threw out timeliner and emptied it

Reaction score
I had to submit a Timeline for school today, but I accidently threw out timeliner and emptied it!! :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :[ What do I do!!!!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you threw it out and emptied the trash, there isn't much you can do. You could try something like FileSalvage but I can't guarantee that it will work (I haven't tried this either).

Perhaps you should stop throwing things out. Your problems seems to stem from your need to trash files constantly. If you do need to keep doing this for some reason, you should really look into getting an external HD and use something like Time Machine or SuperDuper to make regular backups. At least this way you can retrieve files from backups if you get a little overzealous.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Between the two threads you have here now, I'd say you need to quit using the delete button and the trash can on your computer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I had to submit a Timeline for school today, but I accidently threw out timeliner and emptied it!! :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :[ What do I do!!!!!

As Van has suggested "FileSalvage" may be able to recover your files, however, if you have been using the drive, the files may have been overwritten which means they are unrecoverable by normal methods.

Download their trial version to see if it can recover the files you deleted. If it can, you must register the program for recovery to work. ($89.95)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.