What do you wish Apple would make the most?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Which product do wish Apple would make?

M

meltbanana314

A device sort of like a taser that will temporarily stun any Mac-bashers and Microsoft/Linux zealots within a ten foot range...

Z

zakm52

I would really like to see an Apple PDA. It would have some cool name like imate and be the perfect companion for your mac.

Reaction score
Handy little gadget that would print money, iron my shirts, fetch me beers out the fridge and wash the pots + be really cheep to buy. Not too much to ask I feel !! :eek:

It should also have a cool name like ieverything or igadget and a cool design. :dummy: :dive: :headphone :p

J

Jefe3223

meltbanana314 said:
A device sort of like a taser that will temporarily stun any Mac-bashers and Microsoft/Linux zealots within a ten foot range...
I like it. There is a quick way to make that; it requires your laptop, a taser, and some duct tape....
hahaha.

D

Desolate One

I think a smart phone would be top. Besides the fact that I have both a PDA and mobile phone and loathe carrying them both around, I have a Sony PDA and can't sync it to my Mac w/o purchsing The Missing Sync.

Reaction score
A phone and an ipod would be nice. It would also have access to the iTunes music store through the cell phone.

K

Kokopelli

DVR, though my reasoning is a little warped.

PDA I would like to see Apple make a PDA but it is an area where even experienced makers in the market are struggling right now. Maybe Apple will hit upon some usability combination that others have missed but at least in the U.S. PDAs are passe. Japan would be a good target market for this but traditionally Apple has always started with a U.S. based market.

iPhone Convergence devices do not particularly interest me. Eventually it might work but a PDA needs a bigger screen than is feasible on a phone.

Tablet I can see this for the Powerbook in 2 or 3 generations but I am not interested personally. I am very keyboard centric and the Tablet PC is anathema to the way I work.

DVR Apple has experience in the media market. They have the engineers and software developers who know how to make something like this work. It is sympathetic with Apples other stated goals and focus (unlike any of the other devices above). And finally it increases the visibility of the Apple brand into another market segment, namely the home entertainment center. It works on all levels to make Apple a stronger company and extend their reach.

Once they have a DVR though, I would like a PDA. ;)

M

meltbanana314

Seriously, I wish Apple would start making new Newton handhelds (Newton 2.0?) but I know that will never happen.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Well, before they make any of that stuff, I want them to built a gosh darn Apple Store in my city. Anyways, I'm sure, if Apple made any of the those things listed above, they would do a nice job of it. The PDA would be in second place after the store in my city.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Haha iWhat, I know how you feel. We got one here about a year ago, but I remember the feeling I had when it seemed like everyone was getting one but us :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Though a PDA would be very nice (and my second choice) I voted for a Tablet. I voted this way because it would effectively kill two birds with on stone for me; it would prvide a portable computer of decent processin power, as well as a nice interface for quickly taking notes in class and the like.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ide like an iphone, but i wouldnt mind a console ... they were developin one a while back..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
As was stated before, Apple did make a PDA 10 years ago. The Newton was just way ahead of its time. Nobody wanted one 10 years ago and they were pretty expensive, so Apple dropped from the market. Actually, Apple has been first in a lot of things that we take for granted today.
Apple had the first consumer digital camera, too. Again, competitors made better, less expensive ones and Apple discontinued production.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I think it would be cool for them to make a PDA, I would deffinatly buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.