trying to download Starcraft for Windows onto my MacBook

Reaction score
So Im trying to download Starcraft onto my MacBook and apparently I am a little mentally dull as I cant make it work properly.

I downloaded the OS X installer from Blizzard and every time I get to the point where I enter my key in.. it asks me to put the cd in. (which by the way it was already in.. I tried starting with it in and tried waiting till it asked me to insert the disc) After the cd is in, it tries to read it and then it ejects itself still saying to insert the cd. :Grimmace:

Please help my nerdy lost soul. Thanks to whom ever!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Is this a windows program? If not you don't need an installer, you can just insert the disk, go to Finder, select the disk (probably in the D: drive) and open the installer from there. Hope I helped

James

OP
A
Reaction score
It is indeed a windows application. I did try to download a trial version of parallels but I didnt have a key for windows. The Blizzard website said they had a mac compatible installer to use while the cd was inserted into the drive but either way.. it doesnt work :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It is indeed a windows application. I did try to download a trial version of parallels but I didnt have a key for windows. The Blizzard website said they had a mac compatible installer to use while the cd was inserted into the drive but either way.. it doesnt work :(

The way I read the Blizzard instructions is that the installer only works on the Starcraft version for OS X. It eliminates the need to have classic OS 9 installed on your machine. I don't think it will work for the Windows version. I'm not a gamer so I may be out in left field... :) Check the requirements again.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
oh.... ooohhh.... well that could explain it haha.. I'll read through again. Thanks! =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.