ms onenote - which password do they want?

Reaction score
hi - trying to get some deadlines met. i have old ms onenote on time capsule and somehow managed to get a 'notebook' into my onenote notebooks under vm. i'm okay with that (preferred).

whenever i go into specific notebook on vm side, it says something about needing to synch and to put in a password. which password would they want?? (this is not an application password since onenote has no passwords attached).

i thought i could attach a copy of the panel, but guess not...it says:

blue banner at top says connect to margaretspi53c7
then a picture of keys (1 silver, 1 gold)
connecting to .psf

username is grayed out (margaretspi53c7\guest) (i'm logged in as myself so don't know where guest comes from)

password: which password are they looking for? timecapsule password doesn't work, my own login password doesn't work.

note: i do notice the margaretspi53c7 shows up in shared

any ideas? has anyone seen this? thanks.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
thanks harryb. although i have onenote 2007, i never had a password on onenote 2003 (nor 2007). maybe i never updated to sp1...it was prolly an password option. i was the only user on that laptop. i already have a devil of a time trying to remember passwords for internet sites!!! lol

i did mis-titled this thread; don't think it's a ms problem. the margaretspi53c7 is something with mac. i always see it in shared (along with time capsule) when click on the macintosh HD (even when i'm not on vm). i wish i had time to play more with mac, but i was in such a hurry to get the darn thing, i'm trying to catch up on work and learn at same time. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As an old feller in his seventies, Margaret, I always record passwords and then burn them to a CD+RW disc. Typically one has hundred of passwords, with many of them assigned to software etc.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
now there's an idea. no one will rummage thru cds. i was keeping them in my cell/pda until i got that stolen. not a good idea. lol. now, just the little bits of paper around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.