outlook replacement

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a new mac user. I need some help. I love my new mac book pro but I am looking for something that is a direct replacement to my outlook program. I love the features of having my notes, contacts, multiple emails, and calendar in one place.

Can you all give me some suggestions for either free or low cost replacements for Outlook?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad
Entourage is the Microsoft email client for the Mac platform. It comes with MS Office Home and Student edition. If yo want to import your current PST file into it, you will need to purchase a third party utility to convert the PST to an Entourage archive file and then import it in.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am a new mac user. I need some help. I love my new mac book pro but I am looking for something that is a direct replacement to my outlook program. I love the features of having my notes, contacts, multiple emails, and calendar in one place.

Can you all give me some suggestions for either free or low cost replacements for Outlook?

There are several alternatives: Buy MS Office 2008 Home and Student version which includes Entourage. However, as the other reply pointed out, Outlook's PST files are not importable into Entourage. They must be converted first. See the following Link

The second alternative is to run a copy of Windows on your MBP. You can either use Boot Camp to run Windows natively, or run Windows in a Virtual Machine via Parallels, Fusion, or the free VirtualBox. Then you could continue using Outlook.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
I am actually looking for a replacement to office. I have open office right now and I don't like it. Outlook is the only thing that i really want. I am open to any and all other applications that operate like Outlook.

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, Entourage is probably the closest thing to Outlook for Mac OS X. You'll need to purchase MS Office for Mac in order to use it. That's all there is to it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This may not meet all your needs but what about Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning for your calendar. Lightning is a plugin which adds a calendar to Thunderbird. If something is missing, you may be able to find it through a plugin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Emailchemy is very good at converting Outlook .pst files to .mbox format for Apples Mail or MS Entourage. Microsoft have recently announced they are to re introduce Outlook for the Mac (the last version was for Mac OS9), hopefully this will have the import filter missing from Entourage and make everyones lives easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.