• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problem with iTunes and dvd digital copy

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I bought the Fast and the Furious blue-ray box set which includes all of the digital copies for each movie. So I redeemed my code and downloaded the digital copy for the 1st movie. I noticed during the download, it only took like 2 minutes. Usually downloading a movie takes quite some time. However, after everything was done, I went to my movies library and click the movie file to play it to make sure its working. When it plays, all i see is a black screen, no video, no audio, but i see the 1 hour and 20 minutes counting down like a regular movie. how come its not showing anything though????

also my itunes folder is directly in an external hd. can that be the problem??

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sounds like a corrupted download. I suggest that you re-download the file. What format is the file? How big is the file?

OP
D
Reaction score
its an mpeg-4 format and 1.22 GB. sounds about right for any movie.

EDIT: i just redownloaded and its still doing the same thing. also i tried the 2nd movie and its doing the same thing.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I find it very hard that a 1GB+ file is downloading in 2 minutes. That's 8.5 MB/s (or greater) which I find very unlikely. Have you tried another computer?

OP
D
Reaction score
ehh no other computer around. i'll try when i go to my gf's house later. but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.