• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Flash Video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of building a website for a client and they want a weekly video uploaded.

Think is they want the videos to play and look like youtube videos, where at the end you get an overlay of videos that are related to the video that just played, or in our case it would be a list of past videos.

Thank you

OP
PrimalYeti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Not quite, but i do appreciate the effort.

The actual player is the least of my worries, its after the video where the "related videos" section is displayed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
And that script is supposed to do that - if you read the description it shows that it will advance to next video, or obviously list videos via the sample screenshot of the player.

But, whatever works for ya.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why not just use YouTube?

If not, why not use the YouTube API to create a custom player? If I read that correctly, you can create your own player and choose which videos play through it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is also flowplayer (flowplayer.org) that is an extensible web media player modifiable via scripting, or you can look through these links on google to find something that fits your needs:

youtube like video player - Google Search

OP
PrimalYeti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Flowplayer is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
You sir, are a god! Thank you

hehe, not exactly, but I'm glad it'll work for you. I just happened to notice it during searching, and remember seeing a podcast describing its use once before which was the main reason why I called that one out by name.

Good luck, let us know how it works out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.