The Printer is Busy

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if you could help. Just got an iMac after years of Windows PCs, and love the way 'it just works', no faffing around, no tweaking needed, really great experience, except one....

I have an OKI C3300 Colour Laser Printer. I've downloaded the MAC drivers from the OKI website, installed OK, but it won't print anything at all. I get a message from the Printer Utility "The Printer Is Busy, Try Operation Again". I've tried Word, TextFile, Photo but nothing.

I deinstalled the drivers and reinstalled them again (just in case), also restarted the machine after each install. Tried a different USB slot, but still no joy.

Any help would be gratefully received because this is spiling the Apple experience. If I wanted this much aggravation I could have stayed with Windows :)

Thanks in advance

Fordy

OP
F
Reaction score
Finally got it working... I'm new to MACs but reckoned there must be some kind of activity log/event viewer type of application and found Console..

Checking in Console revealed that a completely different printer driver was being loaded. So I removed the printer again, rebooted. Installed printer driver again, rebooted. Switched on printer. Added printer and then added it as a USB connection under More Printers. Then it finally worked..

Hope this someone else in the future

Fordy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.