M-Audio Firewire 410 for use with G4-0S10

N

nothingtoday

I will start by saying, I am completely new too recording. I make music with a sampler, drum machine and synth. and source from t.v., gameboy etc.. I record analog though the single phono inputs on my hifi

so what I want to be doing, is recording straight onto my laptop, ....I gather you can record straight into garage band, then export it straight onto itunes...so for instance I could record A live performance...and then burn CD's to give out afterwards.

I have a few questions though,

why do most of the interfaces have so few inputs and so many outputs? excuse my ignorance but what are the outputs for? Arnt imputs the most important????
has the machine only got 2 inputs? Excluding midi

im not really into using software, I like to mix and record analog improvise...so I want to be able to plug all my equipment into this thing so when ever i want to record something I can just press rec on garage band and get it straight on itunes.

so, am I looking at the right piece of equipment here? I dont really want to pay any higher...so is there anything better suited...or will this do the job

thanks to anyone who has the time to reply

iain.

OP
W

whoriental

nothingtoday said:
I will start by saying, I am completely new too recording. I make music with a sampler, drum machine and synth. and source from t.v., gameboy etc.. I record analog though the single phono inputs on my hifi
I am trying to do the same thing. Just wondering what you mean by recording from tv or gameboy. How do you record that and make it sound good.

OP
N

nothingtoday

whoriental said:
I am trying to do the same thing. Just wondering what you mean by recording from tv or gameboy. How do you record that and make it sound good.

I use a boss dr.sample sp202....its a briliant machine, I highly recommend it. you can sample from just about anything with a headphone output, or any other out jack. so what you need is a line out jack with two phono sockets the other end.
the sound qality is spot on, also if like me you love lo-fi you also have that option with more sample time

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.