Server?

Reaction score
Im not a new mac member, but i own a mac book tiger, and i was looking for snow leopard. But the reason i post this is, I was wondering whats the difference between Snow leopard and Snow Leopard "Server".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
The 'Server' designation means that the OS comes bundled with things such as OpenDirectory (for user/group/resource management) and host of other features that are meant to be used to manage and 'serve' client machines on a network.

You typically would install the server OS if you were managing multiple Macs in an office of home office type environment.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Yes, you can easily transfer files from a Mac to another Mac. This Apple KB article about Migration Assistant might be of use to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.