• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

As a test...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
As a test me and a friend made a window's XP theme that made it look very similar to a Mac. Then we hung out with some other friends and let them play around on the computer. Continuously throughout the day people were complaining about how much this "Mac" sucked. That nothing worked, because it was a stupid "Mac"

They couldn't make it work because it was a stupid Mac. I Just wanted to share ...we thought it was hilarious.

Sidenote... I ordered my new MacBook Pro today! Yay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Yes the many of the problems just come from that they just lack the ability to have an open mind about certain things. Also congrats on your new "baby" on the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Do an experiement where you let a handful of Windows users use XP like normal and then with the Mac theme while pretending it is a Mac. Then compare the comments for the two. I suspect the comments ,apart from the style, will be in favour of the normal style.

Then you can reveal the reality to those in blame and perhaps show them a real Mac and how great it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Congrats!
That test thing was really funny god0fgod is totally right.
It would also be a great way to advertise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe to ignorant people.

I'd like a screenshot.

Reaction score
I've seen some rather convincing themes for Ubuntu/Linux that looked rather good, but never for windows in which you couldn't immediately see it wasn't really mac or at least that there was something fishy going on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
I've seen a really good Mac OS X Leopard theme for Windows Vista, looked reeally convincing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
You'd have to pretend you've done a hackintosh with the PC mind you. And say this is the OS X. When it's really windows with OS X theme. If not people will loot at the computer and not see the apple logo on it and get really suspect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You'd have to pretend you've done a hackintosh with the PC mind you. And say this is the OS X. When it's really windows with OS X theme. If not people will loot at the computer and not see the apple logo on it and get really suspect.

Or the fact that there's a start button, system icon tray, taskbar, and all that outher good Windows stuff.

Reaction score
That is great. What did they say when you told them what you had done?

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
One of the girls said that it would be impossible for windows to run like that and that we were lying.

Mind you that these are not the most tech savvy individuals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats partly why you needed to shown them a real Mac afterwards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.