Desktop icons

Reaction score
Newbie here,,,again. I read recently that the icon for the hard drive should(?)
be on the desk top. Mine was , but now is not there. While on this subject, I have Firefox for a browser and when I first light it off, it shows the Firefox in the box where you drag it in to the app. If I close the browser and light it off again, just the browser comes up. Straighten me out, please. Thank you.
Bill

Reaction score
Newbie here,,,again. I read recently that the icon for the hard drive should(?) be on the desk top. Mine was , but now is not there.
From the desktop, click Finder >> Preferences or Command+, (the comma key) and put a checkbox in the Show Hard Disks option.

While on this subject, I have Firefox for a browser and when I first light it off, it shows the Firefox in the box where you drag it in to the app. If I close the browser and light it off again, just the browser comes up. Straighten me out, please. Thank you.
"Light it off?" Sorry, this has me greatly confused. :Confused:

M

MacInWin

I think you are opening the installer, not the application. If you have dragged the icon to the application folder, then you can trash the icon on the desktop and you'll find the Firefox icon in the Applications folder. You can then put that icon on the Dock, if you want to, or drag it to the desktop.

OP
R
Reaction score
When I drag the Firefox icon from the app box on the desk top, I get error code 61. Would uninstalling and reinstalling ff fix it? Thank you.
Bill

OP
R
Reaction score
Uninstalled and reinstalled and followed the directions carefully, all is well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.