Anything recent with mac and blackberry synch

Reaction score
hi. recent mac convert here; also have blackberry bold (9000). i tried pocketmac twice and it just fails when i try to get into it. haven't found anything recent in threads regarding using both that has been successful.

those using blackberry, how do you synch? do you go to bootcamp or vm or have you found a product for mac that works? thanks

Reaction score
hi. recent mac convert here; also have blackberry bold (9000). i tried pocketmac twice and it just fails when i try to get into it. haven't found anything recent in threads regarding using both that has been successful.

those using blackberry, how do you synch? do you go to bootcamp or vm or have you found a product for mac that works? thanks

My wife has a curve and I set her up with The Missing Sync for Blackberry. Works pretty good. Syncs over bluetooth with no input required from her.

I would wait though. RIM is coming out with new software in September. Details available on their site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I second The Missing Sync. Used to use it with a Dell Axim X5 running Windows Mobile...worked like a charm.

If RIM's coming out with software, though, I'd wait, too.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
thanks. i'll try the missing sync trial. i'd really like something to use now. i'm infamous for failing to backup. i never ever thought i'd say this, but i wish i had gotten the iphone instead of bb. really disappointed in the lack of bb apps. thought bb would really get up to speed with apple regarding apps. (i moved from a palm). guess not as popular as all the hype i heard before i purchased. <sigh>

thanks

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
i downloaded the trial of the missing sync. thanks and it worked!!!

i'm not sure yet on the quality assurance of RIM software. anyone know? i don't want to spend more time dealing with bugs in new software. maybe i've spent too much time with microsoft.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.