How can I add .png file to "Solids" in Wallpaper

Reaction score
This is my first "I have a Mac and its so cool I don't know how it exactly works post."

I bought a MBP last night and one of the first things I wanted to do is change the wallpaper. That's easy enough except they don't have a black option for the wallpaper. I went and did a Google search and I found a solid black .png file on some Mac oriented website and saved it. However, the directory location they used to place it under the "solids" category apparently is for an older version on the OS X operating system. IIRC, the website went to Finder > Library > _______ and placed in wallpaper menu. On my version of OS X 10.5 Leopard, it's slightly different and so I am stuck.

Anyhow, I figured out how to set it as the black background but I want to specifically place it under the "solids" category if possible. I like keeping everything pretty organized. Can this be done and if so, how?

Thanks

Reaction score
Here's the location of all the desktop pictures:

Macintosh >> Library >> Desktop Pictures

The solid colors folder is in there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.