My first try tablet drawing

Reaction score
I made this using a tablet (for the first time, just got mine) and then vectorizing the image using an online vectorizing program (which is, I guess, rather like cheating). I rather like the result, although I know I can't draw that well. What do you think?

Original drawing:

ammonite.png

Vectorised:

ammonite3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why not just draw it using a vector drawing program in the first place?

OP
P
Reaction score
Because I wanted to test my tablet and I currently don't have any good vector drawing software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What tablet did you get?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What tablet and what application is that in? If you are serious about illustrating on the computer I would get Corel Painter.

OP
P
Reaction score
I used a small Trust tablet, used it on Windows, don't know if it would work on Mac. I'm getting my first mac next week together with Adobe Illustrator, so I would be able to do vector art better than.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I used a small Trust tablet, used it on Windows, don't know if it would work on Mac. I'm getting my first mac next week together with Adobe Illustrator, so I would be able to do vector art better than.

While Adobe Illustrator is nice and all, it's nothing like actually illustrating. Unless you are into vector artwork which is really based on Bézier curves and math. >_>"

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You've lost me...

Adobe Illustrator is good for things like Logos where the artwork is crisp and clean at any size.

If you want to actually want to draw on the computer you are better off using photoshop.

OP
P
Reaction score
Adobe Illustrator is good for things like Logos where the artwork is crisp and clean at any size.

If you want to actually want to draw on the computer you are better off using photoshop.

I see, thank you. I'll will have to check the differences between the Adobe Suite programs when I get them a bit closer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.