how to stop it from sleeping overnight

Reaction score
I have a new MPB 13". I like how it goes to sleep when I shut the screen on the computer as that it saves battery life when I am traveling around. However at night sometimes it goes to sleep when I am away. The weird thing is this is not CONSISTENT. Some mornings I come back and it's asleep (which kills overnight downloads and shuts down instant messenger programs) and in others it's working.

Is the only option to go to the settings and basically turn off going to sleep? I want to keep it going to sleep when I shut the screen, but prevent it from going to sleep if it's just sitting on my desk.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is the only option to go to the settings and basically turn off going to sleep? I want to keep it going to sleep when I shut the screen, but prevent it from going to sleep if it's just sitting on my desk.
Whenever you shut the screen, it will go to sleep... regardless of what you have set in your System Preferences.

Just set it to never sleep and you'll be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.