• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My poor computer!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
In the past and recently, my computers have gone through some torturous abuse lately. With my iBook, I spilt cola on my desk, and some of it splashed onto my keyboard. So for a week or so, I had to endure the annoying sticking keys. I could barely type without a couple of periods and returns inserted after the key being pressed. And sometimes it would take 5 seconds for the key to depress; yep, it was pretty messed up.

And I also have some dents near the hinges that support the screen of my iBook around the vent area. The abuse never seems to end.

Then just the other day, I tossed my iBook on the bed. But I tossed it a little too hard, and it bounced once and never returned to the bed successfully. Then a loud crash followed. Oopsy!

So, I was wondering, if anybody has some accidental physical abuse incidents that you have put upon your precious mac(s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I heard that!

I recently spilled almost a whole beer onto my running iBook. I popped the keyboard out gave it a few taps to get all the beer out. It still works fine. Thank God I don't know what I would have done without my precious iBook.

J

Jefe3223

I was in the union of my school just chillin' by the window and as I packed up I lifted my ibook and knocked it into the window frame. Now you'd think that wouldn't be a problem, but the walls were painted a couple weeks ago and the paint was not what I'd call high quality, so my little tap on the frams put a big red paint mark on my fresh white ibook. I abouit died...I think I got it all off by now...unless I'm oblivious to what's left. haha

D

Desolate One

The only mishap I've had was when a model fell off a shelf onto the edge of my iBook. Left some green on it for a bit.

Reaction score
I knocked a bottle of red wine over the keyboard of my iMac G3 lime and had to take the hole thing apart and clean it twice (first time the x button didn't work as their was a hair lying across the contact), it does now work as new and I got some great photos of it (Like in my avatar) so it was a happy accident, unlike the time my girlfriend put our mobile phone in the washing machine. :doctor:

Reaction score
i had one time that i had put my powerbook on my the covers on my bed and my mom called me out of the room but the thing i didn't know was the covers weren't as level as i thought (picture a big mound of covers) and it slid off my bed and landed with the screen open on its side....i heard the sound and instantly knew what it was and started to yell profanities....:(....by the way can you take off the keys of the powerbook like someone said they did with their ibook?

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I don't have a powerbook, but the keys on the keyboard can be removed from left to right or in reverse. Just be careful not the break the hinges underneath the key and be oberservant of when removing them in order to put them back on correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.