Screen Colors? Normal?

Reaction score
So far I’m lovin the Mac. Lots of things to get used to - and I am not sold on the partial screens. I see there are some downloads which correct this, but as an experienced PC downloader - I am reluctant.

Anyway, my question today is the changing color of the Mac screen. Seems to happen when I have multiple screens opened. The open screen changes to a washed out yellowish color. A tap on the button clears it - but I guess what I really need to know is if this is normal or a potential problem.

Downloads - although more straight forward than Windows - I still seem to loosed files. Then when the program gets installed, can I get rid of those .dmg files?

On more tiny item. Everything in my myname file on the side of Finder are folders with the exception of Time Machine Backups, which is a little pic of a HD. Does this belong there?

Thanks again all for helping me into the Mac world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Drag dmg files to the trash.

Items down the side of the Finder windows are customisable. Drag and drop what you need.

Try calibrating your colours in Preferences.

Reaction score
Then when the program gets installed, can I get rid of those .dmg files?
Yeah. Unless it something like Photoshop or Dreamweaver. Then you should back them up. Otherwise, backing up the actual application is enough.

By the way, I concur with the color calibrating. System Preferences >> Displays >> Color >> Calibrate

M

MacInWin

Also, if a tap of a key "fixes" it, perhaps it's your brightness settings. Check that under Preferences, too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.