• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Applecare Fraud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2010) 2.66 12 Core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 12 GB Ram, MBP i7 2.66 2010, 8GB Ram
Hi guys i work in a apple authorized reseller and we find at the moment we are having trouble with applecare products we have lately sold 4 of the applecare to customers. And the customers have gone to register and found that the registration numbers have already been used i am in australia and the computers serials have been registered in netherlands america and asia. for us selling it in a unopened box it is ok because we talk to apple for the customer and can get the problem sorted out. But if you purchase these applecare items on ebay or through online stores that just send you the registration number you really don't have a leg to stand on. Just be careful out there of what you purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
This is an incredibly nice gesture to take the time to post this to warn people.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro, 2.53gHz, 4GB mem, 250GB HD; 13.3" Macbook (White), 2gHz, 2GB mem, 120GB HD
I always purchase my applecare directly through Apple. You can buy it online within a certain period of time from the date of purchase. Thanks for the warning though, this is definitely something the Apple community needs to be aware of!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.