Setting up printer do i need to install the software

Reaction score
Hi all

OK so just set up my HP Photosmart c4400 printer today and as one of apples selling points is that you oft don't have to install any software for peripherals as drivers are already on the mac I have not installed the software from the disc that came with the printer and it works fine.

should I still install - I'm guessing there might be some additional functionality such as trouble shooting etc. what does everyone think - should I run the disk or just leave as is until I find any issues ?

thanks all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
That's up to you. Yeah the software that comes with your printer my provide some additional functionality like monitoring the printer, picture printing tools, etc. You can give it a shot and you can always delete it by simply dropping it in the trash bin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
I had my computer at work and was very please to find out that all I needed to to was plug it in and hit print. no set up at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 2G RAM 160G HD
Today was the first time I printed with my new macbook I plugged, I Previewed, I Printed. SWEEET :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.