My Mac doesn't recognize an image disc

Reaction score
I have a 2007 17" MacBook Pro and I am running Mac OS 10.5.7 (tiger)

I have professional photo's taken of my work and scanned onto cd roms. When I insert any of the cd's into my mac they came up as BLANK discs. This is not so, as I am able to see the images on the disc when using a Powerbook G4 and the local Photo lab is able to process the photo's from the discs.

A window appears on the desktop which says " you inserted a blank CD. Choose an action from the pop-up menu or click ignore." I chose 'iphoto' as my action, and the images do not appear in iphoto when I click OK.

I also changed the System Preferences for cd's, and my mac still thinks the cd's are BLANK!!!! When I open the disc on my desktop, it is completely blank and available for burning (which I haven't tried obviously)

Software Updates are all up to date.

Getting professional photo's of my work on disc is labor intensive and costly. So it is very frustrating that i am not able to view them on my Mac without the help of a friends Mac and a memory stick. I would be very grateful if someone out there has an answer for me so that I can simply view the images directly on my computer.

Thank you!! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
The best and easiest thing to do would be barrow the USB drive and copy all the files to there. Then burn a new disc from the USB drive using your computer.

Whoever made that disc for you didn't close the disc properly probably and that is why it comes up as a blank CD. Though I am just guessing here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.