• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook Pro 15" w/ Final Cut Studio 2, iPhone.
Hey guys,

I've made several videos on iMovie ranging from 5-20mins. While finishing my latest video I encountered a few problems with the program acting funny and I had to close it down and restart the computer several times. Now that it's finished it will not let me export the video to save it. When I click "share" all the options to "export movie" are un-highlighted... :eek: ?? What does that mean?

The only thing I can think of is that I am running low on HD space (16GB left) but have my external HD plugged in with 300GB... This video is only 5mins and should only take up a few GBs.

I ran any available updates and restarted the computer a few times...

How do I fix this?

Screenshot:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/SteveBlock22/screenshot01.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
I had this problem awhile back. It'll do that if you have DRM'd (from the iTunes store) songs in your video. Complete ripoff :Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.