How often are new Macs released?

Reaction score
Hi, am looking to buy a macbook pro, the top specs on the website but just wanted to know how often new macbooks are released? While posting here, i also want to know about boot camp. As i will be installing xp i guess i have to install an anti-virus as well, will this slow the mac down? Do i need it in Mac side as well as the windows and say if i switched off the internet whenever i went onto windows boot, will this be safe?
Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There is not set schedule for when Apple releases new iterations of their machines (they usually come around conferences and events though).

Using an AV solution for your Windows installation is entirely up to you. Do you feel comfortable without one? As for slowing the Mac down, AV solutions do tend to use a disproportionate amount of resources so it could very well slow your machine down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
However it will not slow down your Mac OS X partition. Anything you do on the Windows side stays there. Any viruses you get in Windows will not have any effect on OS X.

If you don't want to run anti-virus and don't need to use the internet in Windows, then sure, turn it off.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I say go here. It doesn't give exact dates but it will keep you from buying something prematurely and then finding out a new version comes out next month.

OP
J
Reaction score
However it will not slow down your Mac OS X partition. Anything you do on the Windows side stays there. Any viruses you get in Windows will not have any effect on OS X.

If you don't want to run anti-virus and don't need to use the internet in Windows, then sure, turn it off.
Ok thats good to hear

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.