• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is this possible ?

Reaction score
Can any one tell me if there is a device i can buy to plug into my Blackberry bold to record some threatning phone conversations between myself and my ex wife ? I need proof before i can get a restrain order on her. Thanks in advance my fellow Mac friends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
I'm not a BB user, so I'm not quite sure, but there might be an app available that doesn't even need a piece of hardware to be attached.

If not, I guess you could just buy a tape recorder and record your conversations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac 2gig ram 10.5.7 intel core duo
haven't heard of any app like that... yet...

edit: dont answer your phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Twelve states require the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.
In these states, if there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all parties involved in or privy to the conversation as it happens, must consent to the taping.
So, in other words, if you live in one of those states and even one other person (besides you and your ex) is taking part in the conversation... then you need to obtain consent from that person as well.

Regardless of the state, it is almost always illegal to record a conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent to tape, and could not naturally overhear.

Federal law and most state laws also make it illegal to disclose the contents of an illegally intercepted call or communication.

So, if your intent is to gain evidence against someone and "make it stick", you need to make sure that what you plan on doing is legal.
Even if you were able to record a conversation that contained threatening and harassing remarks, if you obtained it illegally it wouldn't be permissible when you tried to get a restraining order.

Recording Telephone Conversations

American Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations (USA)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
More Then I Can Count
Google Voice.. If you get the Application on your Blackberry you can then press "4" to record the conversation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.