• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need ideas for movie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 15 in. 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4g ram DDR3 and 320gig HDD
Well every summer a group of friends and I make a movie. Its edited and put on a dvd for laughs and pretty much for fun as a side hobby. However we have a problem this year. We can't seem to fin out a good topic for our 2009 movie!

Last years movie was a "horror-comedy" about a "harmless" watermelon that actually killed everyone (I know it sounds cheesy, we all had our doubts but it came out surprisingly good!)

So I am open to any ideas and the one that we choose we will give credit to you in the credits! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I could give you near a full screenplay right this second......but i'd have to charge to split it with my mates, as it was a group effort to write.

Alternatively, I have a small story I wrote myself that could be adapted for a short movie, and wouldn't take long to film either...

Feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or aim/yahoo blueovalmacmech (same name for both)

The first one would be more of a series, the second one might be more what you are looking for, and might get a laugh out of.

edit: I should add that I won't post it up here, as I wish for it to remain unused by others without permission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
How about just a documentary thing. Record the summer and afterwards chop it together with a great soundtrack and use some interview type stuff and voice overs for whatever parts where it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4
How about a documentary about the lives wrecked and messed up by the seemingly harmless BBS Spammers/bots.

Some creative punishments for both the individuals who write the bots and those that run them.

Make sure the punishments are horribly painful and graphic.. .cause if I ever get my hands on those people, it certainly will be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.