Desktop Shortcuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93 Ghz C2D 15" MBP, 4GB RAM, 512MB 9600GT
I'm a little confused, because my disk image on my desktop has just disappeared ^^

I was wondering what happened, but i noticed that i still have the disk image. However, when i try to drag it back onto my desktop it won't move onto it. I.e. it just stays within the Documents folder (which is where i put it when i searched for it).

I thought this was a little strange, so i tried to make alias' of other program, but the same thing happened and they did not move onto the desktop. I have also tried dragging the disk image into the desktop folder within the finder window, but it still does not appear on my desktop.

Any help on this?
Thanks alot =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
Could be a permissions problem. Check the permissions for your Desktop folder.
An icon will appear on the desktop when you mount a disk image by opening the disk image, did you try that?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well i'm the only user on this computer, and the permissions are set correctly.
When i mount the image it appears on the side bar in the finder window, but not on the desktop

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nevermind, the old windows trick of restarting solved the problem. Not sure what it was, but it works now. Thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.