Garageband/Logic Express export chopiness

Reaction score
I use Garageband to record some of my music. It is enough for what i get done. I have a plugin called Omnisphere ($500) It is a fantastic program that professionals use. It seems that everything records fine in Garageband as well as playback from Garageband. But when I export as any file type (.MP3, .AIFF) it gets choppy in some parts. I bought the new 13" macbook pro. (4 GB RAM, 320 7200 RPM HDD, 2.26 C2D processor.) I don't see any reason why exporting should be such an issue. It works fine in windows when using FL Studio as the sequencer. Also Logic Express has the same issue. I do not see how this is an Omnipshere issue, but an issue with exporting projects to listenable file formats with both garageband and Logic Express. If anyone could offer any advice on what I should do or what company to contact (Apple or Spectrasonics) I would really appreciate it.

Reaction score
I use Garageband to record some of my music. It is enough for what i get done. I have a plugin called Omnisphere ($500) It is a fantastic program that professionals use. It seems that everything records fine in Garageband as well as playback from Garageband. But when I export as any file type (.MP3, .AIFF) it gets choppy in some parts. I bought the new 13" macbook pro. (4 GB RAM, 320 7200 RPM HDD, 2.26 C2D processor.) I don't see any reason why exporting should be such an issue. It works fine in windows when using FL Studio as the sequencer. Also Logic Express has the same issue. I do not see how this is an Omnipshere issue, but an issue with exporting projects to listenable file formats with both garageband and Logic Express. If anyone could offer any advice on what I should do or what company to contact (Apple or Spectrasonics) I would really appreciate it.

I haven't used GB for some time now. I am a Logic Pro 7 user (to upgrade soon due to Logic 9).

GB is a bit of a hog. Always has been. You could get a lot more out of a CPU cycle from Logic express from a few years ago that you can from GB at a comparable time.

I have experienced drop outs and automation errors from Logic Pro 7 when I have exported 'OFFLINE'. I don't remember if this is an option in GB but it could be the issue. I tend to export demo's offline when they're for mastering/evaluation but I ALWAYS export the final for master in real time. Less chance for software errors, and it seems to work..

OP
C
Reaction score
Would you be able to tell me how to export in real time? I am sorta new to macs. Thanks for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.