new to mac and lost my email

Reaction score
the email icon is gone from my desktop toolbar (bottom of the page) and I do not know how to find it ...... get it back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
No worries - it sounds like you accidentally dragged it off the dock which is an easy fix.

Click the finder icon (little smileyface dual shade blue one), in the window that comes up make sure applications on the left edge bar is selected. Scroll down to Mail (should be alphabetical), click and hold on the icon for mail and drag it down to the dock and place it back in the dock. You can tell when it's set for dock as the icons around it will be pushed to the side while you're dragging around the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Easier yet, use Spotlight, the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner. search "Mail". Then when it opens, right click (or by your default command click) and click keep in dock to prevent this from happening again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Easier yet, use Spotlight, the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner. search "Mail". Then when it opens, right click (or by your default command click) and click keep in dock to prevent this from happening again.
You have an interesting idea of what's "easier."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.