My Mac drive vanished.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
I have been running bootcamp on my mac for almost 2 years with no problem. I had also been using Mediafour so I could use the mac drive under windows.. all was well.

And then last night when I tried to use the bootcamp icon in windows to restart in Mac... It said it couldn't find the mac os volume... when I checked the drive in my computer it shows that it is there... says that it has 100gb used and 15 gb free which is right... but when I clicked on the drive it shows nothing.

I then started up the mac using the install disk and ran the Mac Disk Utility and it said there was some stuff messed up on the hard drive, and after 20 minutes said that it was fixed...

So no start up the macbook in mac and I can see the windows drive sitting there... but if I start up the macbook under windows it still shows nothing exists on the Macdrive though it still will have the right amount of free and used space listed on the properties... still the boot camp under windows will not shut down windows and restart in Mac...

Any ideas? I'm hoping I don't need to reinstall everything again... its a royal pain reinstalling all the windows apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.