Apple/Mac curious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet:( hoping to get the 24" iMac soon
Hey guys and gals my name's Matt, im 24 and i've been building custom gaming pc's for about 5 years now and just recently got very interested in Mac's and am hoping to get the 24" iMac soon but i know pretty much nothing about them so where is a good source of base info about Mac's etc and OS X.......

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, here for one. Secondly, you can always take a look here. Also, if you have an Apple Store nearby, you might want to schedule a "personal shopper" appointment, where they'll dedicate about an hour or so and introduce you to OS X and all of the Mac models that are of interest. It's free and there's no obligation to buy anything.

My only concern is that if gaming is a big priority, I certainly wouldn't trade a nice gaming PC for an iMac. Personally, I maintain a desktop for gaming and do my general purpose computing on a MacBook Pro. This way, you get the best of both worlds and can still upgrade my gaming rig easily as new graphics cards come along.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet:( hoping to get the 24" iMac soon
lol no i understand that. i actually sold my gaming rig i had because im just really not into it anymore and only get online for normal stuff and pics music etc. i really just want an imac because im so im pressed with the quality and i've always been so curious about them. i already have a 80gb ipod classic and a 8gb ipod touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey matt, nice to see you round these parts :)

I would suggest following cwa's advice plus some of the advice you got over at the other forum ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.