Windows for Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hey everyone; I just acquired my first Mac, one of the new 15" Macbook Pro's from Apple and I am looking to run Windows through Boot Camp strictly for gaming purposes.

By all accounts Vista is a power-hungry beast and because I only need it for gaming, I've decided to purchase Windows XP. The problem is just that. XP is becoming increasingly hard to find and I unfortunately do not have an old disk from my desktop.

If anyone knows where to purchase it and what version best suits my needs (a direct link would be wonderful) it would be much appreciated.

My exact specs are:

Macbook Pro 15"
2.66 GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA 9400 + 9600

Thanks.

Reaction score
prolly service pack two. (this is what i use for bootcamp) go to your neatest best buy or computer guru store and they should have a copy of it.

Reaction score
Relative to OS X, Vista x64 is not as "power hungry" as you may think. As well, Vista x64 can use all 4GB of the system (at least when using the 9600M GT).

You can also try Windows 7, the pre-release is still available from Microsoft for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.