mail on the mac

S

Stanley

Can anyone tell me how to create a set of rules in Apple Mail for OSX. I just want certain mails from certain persons to go automatically into certain mailboxes...

I know how to do it in outlook express on my windows machine, but not on my mac.

Are there any better mail programs around? This one seems to be rather limited...

Maybe you can tell me what you guys use. +pro's and cons :)

thanksalot !

Stanley

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would have get back to you on that one, since am not near my Mac at this time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Stanley said:
Can anyone tell me how to create a set of rules in Apple Mail for OSX. I just want certain mails from certain persons to go automatically into certain mailboxes...

I know how to do it in outlook express on my windows machine, but not on my mac.

Are there any better mail programs around? This one seems to be rather limited...

Maybe you can tell me what you guys use. +pro's and cons :)

thanksalot !

Stanley

I personally use Mail and I'm happy with it. I haven't really noticed any cons, but I'm a basic email user. As far as directing certain mail to certain mailboxes, the "Rules" options in Mail's Preferences should allow you to do what you're looking for. While in Mail, just click on "Preferences", then slide over to "Rules", and you can create and modifiy however you'd like.

OP
S

Stanley

Excuse me for being a little blind, but I have another question. Someone has send me some mails with embedded pictures. How do I get them out of the mail ? into photoshop for example. Attachments I can save, but embedded pictures not, neither can I copy them...

help !

Stanley

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try drag and drop. Click and drag them to your desktop,

OP
S

Stanley

rman said:
Try drag and drop. Click and drag them to your desktop,

Nope, didn't work.
I ended up with downloading a little application on versiontracker that makes screendumps and got the pictures that way.

but this shouldn't be the way to do this :)

stanley

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That normally works for me. I will have to verify that when I get home

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.