VM Fusion Support

Reaction score
is vm fusion support better than parallels support? i notice it is days and days before you hear back from parallels. :Grimmace: although i bought the parallels software already, i'm willing to change if support is responsive.

thanks

T

todd51

I'm not sure on how good thier support is, but I do like VMware Fusion much better than Parallels. I haven't had ANY problems with it either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've had experience with their GSX server support, which was indeed excellent. Since Fusion is also a paid product (they do have free product available) I'd imagine that the support is similar... but who knows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
is vm fusion support better than parallels support? i notice it is days and days before you hear back from parallels. :Grimmace: although i bought the parallels software already, i'm willing to change if support is responsive. thanks

The best support obtained from both Parallels and Fusion will be by joining in their forum discussions. The peer to peer responses and help are far superior to anything you'll get from their "official tech support".

BTW, the latest ratings from MacWorld (if you can believe them) rate Fusion over Parallels.

Regards.

Reaction score
Free??? aww boo only 30 day trial.
Oooo Online purchasing :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I picked up VMWare Fusion a while back for my Mini to run XP in a window rather than thru bootcamp....only thing I can say is Fusion just works for me, I've had zip for issues and if I've had any questions they have been answered in the help file or online at the website seriously, haven't had to contact VMWare support yet which is a good thing.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
thanks for responses. hate to disagree with you dysfunction, but parallels is a paid product, and their support really stinks. i did the trial more than a yr ago for a macbook pro and everything was great. even got a human being following up looking to see if i was going to purchase. couldn't say a negative thing about it.

i should have done the trial again this time around but instead went ahead and purchased it without trial. that was a mistake. you have to post to a forum and it can be days later before you get a response. i have personally found that their answers are incomplete. when you read their response, i automatically had questions due to incomplete answers, so you post again, wait for it to be reviewed, maybe get an answer posted (doesn't mean it answers the question you asked), but still incomplete. it's an endless circle that...

you're right, here is prolly the better support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm not saying ALL paid product support is good. I'm saying that if it's the same company then chances are that paid product support is probably at least somewhat equal.

I know Parallels is a paid product

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.