Why can I not see some videos on websites?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I went to a website and could not view the videos on my Mac but they work great on my PC.

I just got a brand new Mac Book Pro.

please help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Maybe you need to download and install: Telestream Download Flip4Mac WMV ?

You could also give us the URL to the website where the video you are trying to view is hosted. This will enable us to help you better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
You probably need a video plugin that you don't have. Try a different browser. If you're using Safari use Firefox and vice versa.

Reaction score
Yes, Firefox is the best for displaying graphical browser components, it's more advanced that way than Safari. Plus, even if you didn't have the correct plug-in you should have been prompted to download it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You probably need a video plugin that you don't have. Try a different browser. If you're using Safari use Firefox and vice versa.
This makes no sense whatsoever. If missing a plugin is the problem, then changing browsers wouldn't fix it.

(For the record, I do think that the problem is that he is missing a plugin. The solution to this would be to get the plugin. Most likely, he needs either Flip4Mac, as Strukt said, orPerian.)

Yes, Firefox is the best for displaying graphical browser components, it's more advanced that way than Safari.
I would be interested in any facts you could provide to back this statement up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.