Imac G4 SUDDENLY HAS NO SOUND!!!??!?!

N

noahwitek

Ok, so it has been totally fine- now there is no sound from the speakers, there is no sound from the unit it;s self. I have checked all the obvious things... Whats the deal? Thanks Noah

Reaction score
obvious things??? like unmuting?? try plugging in another pair of speakers or headphones on the audio out port.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
did you check system specs, make sure its not muted then check if the startup tone work.

Then maybe you just blew em, check em out if above dont work

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Is there an app that you were using with some sort of sound controls? Did you use any apps for audio editting?

OP
N

noahwitek

shaun89 said:
obvious things??? like unmuting?? try plugging in another pair of speakers or headphones on the audio out port.

i have plugged in headphones that i know work- also i have checked all sound controlls- i am concerned because even without the speakers- there should be sound from the base and there is none.

OP
N

noahwitek

Pattay said:
did you check system specs, make sure its not muted then check if the startup tone work.

Then maybe you just blew em, check em out if above dont work

hi- can you tell me how i do this? thank you.

OP
N

noahwitek

iWhat said:
Is there an app that you were using with some sort of sound controls? Did you use any apps for audio editting?

earlier yesterday (like 4 hours before) i used garageband- everything was working fine after that- i just opened gb and i am not sure what i should be looking at- i made sure it wasnt muted?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.