Videos and Mac

Reaction score
First, thanks to all who have helped me make this switch from PC to Mac. I am getting there, but
Obviously there will be issues along the way.

My concern now involves all the various video players available for download – as well as the videos.

On the PC I used a site called VEOH quite a lot. I downloaded their player, and it worked really well.
All the downloads were kept in the VEOH library, I also had a You Tube downloader.’’

When I tried downloading the VEOH Mac version – things went south. Took me hours to clean up the various
Files generated.

Which leads me to ask – do I really need anything other that Quick Time? I don’t see anyway of downloading
Videos via Quick Time. Give me the lowdown on Mac and videos. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Have you run all your updates? Most vid formats will not play until you do this.

Otherwise use VLC

Reaction score
do I really need anything other that Quick Time? I don’t see anyway of downloading
Videos via Quick Time.

If you use Safari you can get a program called GreaseKit, it's like greasemonkey for Firefox.
If you choose to get either greasekit or greasemonkey, you can go YouTube Perfect - Previews, mp4/flash, HQ/HD, download for Greasemonkey and get youtube perfect and embedded version. What it does is every youtube video can be seen on Quicktime and downloaded as a QT movie. Flash sucks, so watch the video as MP4 doesn't suck up your cpu. If you install the embedded script, any site you go to and if the video is on youtube it will play as MP4. You can get Flip4Mac, that lets you watch Windows media player videos.

This is good to.
VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.