Latest Nikon Speedlight Has Overheating Issue?

Reaction score
To all,

Good morning. For those who have a SB-900 AF Speedlight, do you ever experience this overheating issue. I am thinking of getting this flash; but was a bit hesitant when I saw this review

I tried looking for the previous model SB-800 but that has been discontinued. In the meantime, I have submitted an inquiry to Nikon; but haven't received a reply back from them.

Any assistance or feedback will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Babylon5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
I love my SB-800. I'd love to get a few more but yeah it gone the way of the dodo. I want to get an SB-900 also myself to replace my SB-800 cuz gravity and I haven't been to kind to it. I don't think I will have any over heating problem with a SB-900 cuz' I try not to fire my flash at full when doing bursts. Kills the batteries fast and causes me to replace them to often.

Check out the SB-900 group on flickr to see how a lot of people who are using it feel about the flash. I think there opinions may biased in loving the flash but then again maybe not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.