Web hosting

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running my own server which comes with Turbogears framework. I need this server to be view able across my network.

When the server is running on my computer i go to

127.0.0.1:8080 and everything work fine

if someone on the network goes to 192.168.2.10:80 which is my ip address they get

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.
Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!

what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Which OS is the server running?

Check your VirtualHosts, the issue most likely lays in there. Post em here and I'll help you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I notice you mention two different ports, 8080 and 80. I should think they should be the same. To Apache, that will effectively be two different sites.

Otherwise it looks to me like you have to set up the configuration file to point to your appropriate content folder as the DocumentRoot. Search for the multiple mentions of that word in the httpd.conf file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
I notice you mention two different ports, 8080 and 80. I should think they should be the same. To Apache, that will effectively be two different sites.

Otherwise it looks to me like you have to set up the configuration file to point to your appropriate content folder as the DocumentRoot. Search for the multiple mentions of that word in the httpd.conf file.

Is your ISP blocking port 80? If not, forget using other ports.

If you only want LAN sites, then your ISP doesn't matter. Why are you using 8080? If you're just using 80, then you don't need to indicate it at all. Observe how going to Wikipedia dot org:80 still works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.