copy and past. How do I...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
I have tried with TextEdit and with Word for Mac, and I think I'm missing a step somewhere.

I had a rather lengthy block of text I wanted to copy, go to my yahoo e-mail site, and past the text in the body of the e-mail, which I can do with my PC.

Did not work with the Mac. It would select and copy just fine, but when I got to my e-mail it wouldn't paste. I suspect I'm missing a very obvious step somewhere, but darned if I can see what.

I have a Mac laptop OS X-something, Leopard. Was using FF browser to get to my e-mail.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jann

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
you should have no problems there. It should work seamlessly. Sometimes there is a bug where Cmmd V doesn't work right, so try Edit-->Paste. if it still doesn't work, try Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Luckily, there are a few ways to copy and paste.

1) Select the text, right-click, choose Copy, then right-click where you want it to go and choose Paste.

2) Select the text and press Command-C, then right click where you want to insert it and press Command-V.

3) Choose Copy and Paste from the Edit menu.

It doesn't work any differently than on a PC, though I know that with Firefox, copying and pasting doesn't work with some sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Windows shortcut Control c & v
Control a to select all.

Mac quick keys Command c & v
Command a to select all

Have fun..

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
thanks

thanks, all. Copy/paste worked like a charm this time. Still not sure where I went wrong but no matter since all is ok.

Cheers,
Jann

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.